- rule 1. always post the rules
- rule 2. answer the questions and write 10 new ones
- rule 3. tag 10 new people and link them to this post
- rule 4. let them know you’ve tagged them
Aaand ten new questions.
1. Do you know somebody you could marry right now and be happy with?
At first I thought I’d say a girl I dated in high school, but it’s been so long I don’t know if we’ve changed, if it could still work. So, no.
2. Why did you decide to make a tumblr?
Because John and Hank Green posted all the time, so I thought I’d get in on the action. I’ve since moved over to reddit though, for the most part.
3. If you could only choose books or music for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
That is super hard and super unfair. I would have said music in high school, but now I think I might say books. Books can be transformative and powerful on a level that music can’t, at least in terms of narrative.
4. If I told you that I could make tomorrow a secret special day for you that existed between days of the week and you could do anything you wanted, what would you do?
I wish I could fast-forward life to when I’m out of college, but you can’t do that in a day. Unfortunately, all the stuff I want most right now is the stuff I can’t do in a day. Not even getting laid would do much for me.
I guess I’ll go with going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I wouldn’t be able to contain my joy.
5. Do you work out? If you work out, do you honestly do it because you want to look more fit/more hot? (Like would you do it even if it didn’t make you feel good and give you that nice endorphin rush?)
No, but I should start. I’m ridiculously out of shape. I should at least start running again, or playing tennis. The endorphin rush is all that keeps me from quitting early.
6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably pizza, as long as it could be from different places.
7. What is your go-to bar drink? (Or restaurant snack, if you’re not old enough.)
Draught beer, although if I’m getting hammered I’d go for a fruity mixed drink, like a daiquiri or gin & juice.
8. Which movie/book/tv world would you live in if you could?
Harry Potter, hands down. Even if Hogwarts is a dangerous place. You just can’t beat magic in a modern setting. I would be like Arthur Weasley, an ambassador for muggles. I’d want to prove that science is just as cool as magic, and stuff like the Internet, movies and video games are unexplored treasures. I’d also introduce them to freaking pens, pencils and typewriters. I understand there’s something cool and mythical about using quills, but it’s frankly archaic.
9. If you could go back to one city and time in the history of the world, where would you go?
I’m hesitant to pick anything, because we romanticize the past so much we forget how much better life is now. I could catch smallpox or be accidentally killed by stray gunfire or burned at the stake for sounding and looking different than the locals. I guess I’d have to say a 1960’s Beatles concert.
10. Are you in love right now?
No, and I couldn’t want anything more right now. I haven’t been in love since high school, and the longing I have for that feeling, that experience, that intimacy, is unrivaled. I have no doubts that I’ll find love in the next few years, but the wait is killing me.
My ten questions:
1. What’s the one thing you want in life, that you think you can achieve?
2. What’s the the one thing in life you want but don’t expect to achieve?
3. If you were stranded on a dessert island, what dessert would the island be made of, and how fast would you get diabetes?
4. If you could meet one fictional character, who would it be?
5. Who is a fictional character you’d least want to meet, and what would you do if you encountered them?
6. Who is on your celebrity sex list—the people who, regardless of your current relationship status, that you’d hook up with if the incredibly unlikely chance came around? The idea is that the sheer unlikelihood of the opportunity overrides any guilt you might feel.
7. What is a personal hobby of yours that might be considered unusual?
8. What do you think will be the most likely cause for humanity’s eventual extinction?
9. If you could have ten minutes to talk to the President of the United States, what would you say?
10. Have you hugged your loved ones and told them you love them recently?